|WALLPAPER: IDIOT PARENT|
.. BUT, Local news media outlets are reporting that a man has died after falling into a hot spring.
.. Witnesses report seeing a man fall into Porkchop Geyser in Norris Geyser Basin around 2:30 PM today, (Tuesday June 7, 2016.)
|WALLPAPER: SURPRISINGLY HOT|
|Courtesy Photo: Casper Star Tribune|
• A group of men who post pictures and videos of their travels on social media walked onto a sensitive hot spring, snapping selfies and dipping a hand into water that can reach the boiling point.
• Another Yellowstone visitor violated park rules by loading a bison calf into his vehicle out of concern it needed help, and the bison was euthanized.
• Another tourist approached within an arm’s length of an adult bison in the Old Faithful area, which was captured on a video that went viral. The bison, which was lying down, reared up but did not charge.
• Another video featured visitors posing for pictures with bison at an unsafe and illegal distance.
• And another video that went viral this spring showed a cow elk charging a woman who was approaching it.
.. It only spiked to 77° F today. The clouds that were promised by the weather people have materialized too late to ameliorate the rising temperatures in the little creek.
.. Discharge is still around 250 cfs below seasonal norms and is still flirting with record lows.
.. The bugs are hatching at a prolific rate but it seems that the fish are too listless to expend the energy necessary to gather them off of the top of the water.
.. Nymphs and soft hackles are still the go to flies on this most famous of dry fly waters. Some of the neighbors have had surprisingly good luck on top with the "Stiffy" Dry Stiff Hackle.
.. It's a "pick your poison" kind of fishing. Grab your favorite caddis imitation and fling away. If this keeps up we may need to designate the creek as a "kids fishery." Yes indeed, it is that easy.
.. Should you venture into the Gibbon River side of the meadows you will bump into little yellow stoneflies. If you are in luck you will have to pick them out of your ears.
.. Up in the little meadows of the Gibbon River the Brook Trout have come alive.
.. This is an anything goes sort of fishing experience. The water is thin and cold and the fish will feel you coming before you get your one cast.
.. The canyon water above the falls is still attracting the folks that know. This is the place to exercise your favorite attractor flies.
.. On top, in the film, drowned a little, drowned a lot - it's all going on right now. Anything from Stimulators to Royal Coachmen are just fine. Stick with moderate to small sizes and you should do very well.
|The Little Meadow Near Norris Campground - One Cast Fishing|
|WALLPAPER: RHUBARB PIE - STRAIGHT UP!|