IT JUST MIGHT HAPPEN
We're Mostly Ready
giant fish in the south fork
|THE FUTURE IS UPON US|
....WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING... THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.
* TIMING: SNOW IS EXPECTED DEVELOP OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA WEDNESDAY NIGHT. FOR THE SOUTHWEST VALLEYS...PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN AS A RAIN/SNOW MIX THEN CHANGE TO ALL SNOW BY MIDDAY THURSDAY. SNOW COULD BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: ONE TO TWO FEET IS POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH 5 TO 10 INCHES POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEYS.
* WINDS: NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 25 MPH ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTHWEST MONTANA. THESE WINDS COULD RESULT IN AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS.
* VISIBILITY: VISIBILITIES OF LESS THAN ONE MILE ARE POSSIBLE IN HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.
* OTHER IMPACTS: HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE. MOUNTAIN PASSES WILL BECOME SNOW-COVERED AND ICY AT THE ONSET OF SNOWFALL. LOWER ELEVATION ROADWAYS COULD BECOME ICY AND SNOW- COVERED AFTER SUNSET THURSDAY. THOSE SPENDING TIME OUTDOORS NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR RAPIDLY CHANGING AND WINTER CONDITIONS. COLD TEMPERATURES AND WIND CHILL VALUES AROUND 0 CAN CAUSE FROSTBITE IN LITTLE TIME.
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED INCLUDE: BATTLE RIDGE PASS...BOZEMAN... BOZEMAN PASS...TARGHEE PASS...WEST YELLOWSTONE...BOULDER... BOULDER HILL...ELK PARK PASS...HOMESTAKE PASS...WHITEHALL... TOWNSEND...BIG HOLE PASS...CHIEF JOSEPH PASS...DILLON... MONIDA PASS...ENNIS...NORRIS HILL...RAYNOLDS PASS... TWIN BRIDGES
.. We'll let you know on Monday.
-------.. Can't pass up this opportunity to mention that the Fall run of giant Brown and Rainbow Trout is headed up the South Fork of the Madison River. It's a wee bit early this year and the access has been by wheeled vehicle rather than by snowmachine. A rare treat that may be truncated by the impending storm.
.. Standard streamers are the fare being offered by the neighbors. A few of the adventurous are throwing mashed-up Hornberg flies in sizes up to 6-2xl. Works for them.
.. We'll have a full report after the storm -- or during it if the fish are jumping into the nets; sans hooks.
|Last Sunset Of Fall ??|